Thursday, February 26

The Trapper Kepper Project


Yes it looks like The Hundred Dress Project is taking a nap and The Trapper Keeper Project is holding court, here.

Today's item is an envelope from a hotel we stayed in in Istanbul. I looked up the address and the hotel is still in biz and still looks the same as it did in 1990.
After reading some of the reviews it seems little has changed. My fav tells of a couple who were asked to produce their wedding certificate in order to book a room. Others talk about how isolated yet close to major sites the hotel is.
It was walking distance from the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, The Under ground Cistern and lots more amazing places. I remember a tiled room at Topkapi, where the harem and unic's lived and Emeralds bigger than the ones Angelina Jolie wore to the Oscars!

People washing their feet before entering Masques. The amazing space and energy in the Masques...I still dream of these places.

I remember our room had an ottoman and I loved that!

I remember getting coffee and Halva at the market. The blocks of Halva a sweet desert, were huge, about 3'square. Also spices in large mounds that smelled amazing and were rich pure colors.

I did take photos on this trip and I think I still have them. When I can dig them up I can provide more images to fill in these memories.

Who knows where the next scrap of paper will take us?!

onward....

No comments: