Thursday, November 29

What is in the back yard...

This gang of Eastern Bluebirds (Sialia sialis) and Cedar Waxwings (Bombycilla cedrorum) seems to be hanging out together. I counted 8 Bluebirds and I couldn't get a count on the Waxwings but there are at least 8. They take turns at the bird bath and feeders. Some of the flock stay up in the trees, keeping an eye out for our friend the Harrier. I was hoping I would see a Waxwing and I got a whole flock of them. This is total anthropomorphism but, these are the beautiful people.

Last night Mr. Eleven was indulging in watching Kid Nation on the tube. The kids had to pick some chickens to kill. The little girls didn't want to kill the pretty chickens. One screamed: Kill the ugly ones! Yikes!

I am sure the little girls would save the Bluebirds and Waxwings. There is something very beautiful and magical about them.

No comments: