Thursday, November 18

better




I went back into this encaustic painting and am much happier with it. I am reserving the right to tweak it a bit more, but for now it is done. I learned a lot about encaustic on this panel...looking forward to starting a new one with the new knowledge.

I added little blue beads to the moon for eyes. They are really cool in real life. The combination of sculpture and painting in one media is exciting to me. It is a path I have been on for a while now. There is an immediacy to encaustic that leans towards expressionistic work, but there is also a lot of process and that calls for pre planning. I want to explore more of the innate qualities of the medium. I am attracted to the transparency and rounded edges combined with simple direct line.

Onward Monkeys!

No comments: