Thursday, November 18

Art show must see!




The photos are of our happy home, now that we have the new stove in place, Mr.Eleven is cooking up a storm! The colors are warm and inviting the smells intoxicating, sounds of a busy kitchen and killer tunes...this is art--this is life!

You know what is also art---a big deal art show!

I dropped of 2 pieces at the gallery earlier in the week. It is: The Eric Schindler Gallery's 50th Anniversary Celebration, A group invitational. I entered 2 of the small monkey sculptures, (sorry I forgot to take photos of them but will take some at the opening). I am very excited to see the show, on Friday.

I had a fantastic conversation with Kirsten, the owner director of the gallery, while there. I love hearing her perspective. Growing up in a gallery, learning from watching her parents deal with crazy artists. Then stepping into the roll herself. 50 years later here we are hanging a show, varied yet cohesive powerful yet, beautiful, all of it brought together through a life time of living with art. A life time of honing a critical eye and a passionate heart. Kirsten is a beautiful person and it is reflected in her choices. She nurtures her artists and gives us room to grow. I for one am thrilled and excited to be part of this very important exhibition. To me the gallery is like home, like a warm inviting kitchen alive with creativity, enticing our senses.

The Eric Schindler Gallery
2305 East Broad St.
Richmond Va 23223
804-644-5005

opening reception, Friday November
7-10pm
show runs through December 18th 2010

20% of all sales the week of Nov. 19th-26
will benefit ART 180
and Tricycle Gardens

Be there or be square Richmond. I will be there!

Onward...

No comments: