Monday, November 10

another day another globe...

I got a very good start on the new globe. This is Globe 5. Somehow I was calling the last one Globe 5 but it is really Globe 4. None of this matters to anyone but me. But somehow I keep getting the numbers mixed up. In any case it is coming along quite well.

I love the surface and how the oil paint is going down on it. It feels good. This globe came from Jarvis. It was gathering dust in his moms back room. It is larger than the others and some how seems rounder. I hope I can find some more globes this size. I think I am going to have to start looking at resale shops for globes. The others, I found at Target. But they aren't carrying cardboard globes anymore. The last time I was there they only had metal cartoon looking ones. They make the continents look cute, more chubby and rounded and in raise relief. None of these things suits my purposes.

This one comes at an interesting time in world events. I was worried how to deal with all the change that is in the air. I have been painting about 'Change' since I left NY. It has gone from personal change to a time of change over the last year. Now it is really happening! Wow! Like anything else it is better to just live it and not talk about it. To my surprise once I loaded my brush with paint, images filled the four corners of my little globe quickly. It just happened...like change...
so here we go...
ONWARD!

No comments: