Wednesday, March 23

Bella update



I am in bed with Bella today, again. It seems the only way to keep her immobile is to be immobile myself. Since my last post she has been back to the vet twice. Because of the placement of her stitches she reopens the wound each time she moves. Air and some infection puffed her up getting under her skin, literally, (you can see some of that in the photo above). Touching her, she felt like a squishy water ballon. When she moved it farted and made crunchy sounds.

The good news is I have been flushing the "opening" with Betidine, along with the antibiotics, the wound is showing signs of healing. I think we may still need to get a few staples put in to close up the last bit. But it is looking a lot better! On the bad side, the vet bills are growing and I haven't been able to get in the studio in days.

Frankenstein has been a sweet supportive brother, Bella is looking bright and not leaking--yay! I am in bed reading, frustrated but happy that things are looking up.

These are the days that the value of baby steps is clear, each breath is towards healing,
onward monkey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella is a good girl and will survive I am sure but will her caregiver. How and when will I get one of the artist prints for cheap money

xot said...

I am hanging in there. The way things are going I may have to make more than one print to even make a dent in the bills. As soon as I can be in the studio I will get the prints done. I can't leave her eye sight, or she goes bonkers. Bella is looking so much better, back to her normal size and ready to take on life! It's just that last bit of skin that needs to close up and heal.
thanks!

cindy said...

I know this must be hard, because you cannot get her to understand that she must take it slow and easy. The only thing you can do is to stay mellow with her. I hope that she heals soon. It is hard to keep an active dog quiet. Best of luck. Keep me posted.

xot said...

you said it! The better she feels the more she wants to bound around the house, spin and jump! Last night a friend stopped by and Frankenstein and Bella broke down the baby-gate and rushed him at the door! For the most part though, I have had her calm and sleeping under the covers. It is looking so much better. I'll keep updating her status.
thanks!

Judy said...

Aw, poor Bella. I'm glad she's feeling better and the cancer is gone though. Miss you! xoxo.

xot said...

It has been a long road, the stitches are still not all the way closed. But they will. It is hard to keep a Pug from going into a whirlwind of glee when there is food around. Now, Frankenstein lays next to her licking her wound, he is very careful. She trusts him and lays back till he is done.