Wednesday, April 15

A little bird told me...

When I was a wee little Tracey my grandma used to shock me by knowing all the details of my days, even when I had not seen her for a while. She would say, "A little bird told me". It took me years to figure out that my mom was the squealer! I always pictured the chatty bird as a blue bird, maybe it was even a cartoon bird like in a Disney film. Spying on me, then flying off to visit grandma and tell her all about the perfect cartwheel I did.
These birds and head planter have been on my windowsill for about a year. It was just a few days ago that they started to trigger these memories. Funny how that works.
onward.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that Grandma Mary or Grandma Florence? Maybe it was a little bird.

xot said...

Both, Baba and Grandma Mary. I also remember you guys talking in Macedonian and hearing my name intermixed with the foreign words ...the little bird could have been chirping while I was in the room.