Wednesday, September 17

What is going down in egg town...



Egg tempera globe is coming along. I think the photos do a pretty good job of showing the eggy texture of the surface. Once the painting part of the process is finished I can buff the surface with a soft cloth.
It is a super slow process. Not one that would normally suit my nature. But I am doing this my way. Traditionally one would work out all the colors and systematically layer them to get a desired effect. I am a more spontaneous painter and thinker, so that is how I am playing this. It is a nuanced process requiring major decisions to be made along the way.
After painting all day yesterday with egg. This morning when I got up the last thing in the world I wanted for breakfast was eggs! Smelling yoke all day has put me back on a morning diet of bagels and lox!
onward!!

No comments: