Saturday, August 30

when the rain came...


It was getting pretty bleak around here. The river levels were super low, we were on water restrictions, then the rain came. Boy-oh-boy was it great! it rained for about 3 days straight. We had a bit of flooding on our back porch, but it went out as fast as it came in. The pond was actually over flowing. I went out and checked on the fish, I called down to them: stay low fishes!...Yes, I do talk to all the animals!
I found a turtle in the yard once the rain stopped, He was really cute. I haven't seen him for a few days. I guess he went back to the river. I lost the photo I took of him.
Today the sky is clear and the ground is still wet. The birds, bees flowers and trees are looking good again. But damn, I am going to have to cut the grass!..it grew a few inches in the time it took me to post this!

No comments: