I experimented with plaster in my paint yesterday. I did a bunch of research and came up with a kind of bastardized fresco process. I started on a bathroom tile, mixed oil primer with plaster. This is my base coat. Then I mixed plaster in with oil paint. It has a milky translucence that reminds me of encaustic. I tried scratching into it layering and mixing wet on wet...this is the result.
arg...well, I am stumped. I don't want to kill this one, by over working it. But I am not happy with it yet. It is close. I wish I had done it with the fresco process I tried out yesterday. That is the kind of surface it needs. The shine it has now is not right. I will contemplate this today. I do know the name of it though: Luna. Sally is going to name her horse Luna.
Lately, I have been thinking of the Globes as Crystal balls, like in the Wizard of OZ...or like books, or information spheres.... But in this case it has been my, Tracey Voodoo to bring Luna to Sally. Well that is part of it anyhow. They are these timeless things, maybe from the past or maybe the future and they have information we need...but we have to read them. But first, I have to make them readable...arg!...limping along. . . o n w a r d . . . . .