Monday, January 28

What is in the back yard...

Eastern Blue Birds! OK, so I look out my window on Saturday and see not only blue birds, but Waxwings and Yellow Warblers and Robins. So much color! I took some photos. When I down loaded them I realized Mr Eleven had-had his paws on the camera again. He loves to shoot in black and white. He doesn't love to return the camera to the settings I like. I was so upset. So, I tried out my paint shop pro program for the first time and set it on oil paint. It is pretty clumsy painting. I actually had fun fake painting. But it is like having sex with a radio..not for me! I'll take turp fumes and the organic flow of the real thing, thank you. But I must say it was fun!
On Sunday I made sure the camera was set on color and caught this group enjoying a morning drink...so pretty!

3 comments:

Rena said...

I love your art, especially this painting. I found your project blog through a search on The Hundred Dresses, a book that inspired me to be a peace and justice activist (among other influences). Thanks for sharing your project; I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rena said...

Oh, now I read that it's not really a "painting." See what I know about art LOL! I still like it, but I can understand why you'd rather do the real thing.

Anonymous said...

Now that is inspiring! For such a thin book it packs a lasting punch! It is nice to meet you!
Thanks, I made the fake painting using the same decision making process I would a real painting. Only difference being, it was done on a computer..it is OK to like it.