Friday, November 16

Our walk

I heard on the radio this morning that snow is in the forecast. Then I realized I was listening to Detroit radio. It is colder here, mid 30's, sweater weather for the boy. By mid day it will warm up to near 70.

My old neighborhood in Brooklyn is being destroyed by an outrageous building boom. I have friends who's homes are being threatened. It has totally changed the skyline and landscape of the area. From 3 story homes to huge blocky, ugly, sky scraping, poorly constructed condos, called: Luxury Lofts. It was one of the things that pushed me out of NY.

Across the street from my new home they are planing on developing the last 40 acres of wooded land in Richmond. Never mind that the housing market is at a stand still. That there are homes sitting on the market on every street in the city. That it is home to wild life. The Mc Mansion plan is in motion.




Our daily walk, is the best way to start the day...

No comments: