Thursday, January 24

Thursday is Kick Ass Chick day

I did 2 portraits of Robin. The other Robin portrait was one of the first things I posted when I started the blog. Here we see, Robin in front of the TV. The news was on. I don't remember what it was about. But we can assume it involved the folly of man, the inclusion of Guernica, and Elvis with a gun, indicates war. I told her to wear something or bring something that would tell us about her. She showed up with the doll seen in the lower corner and a string of beads to wear around her neck. I promptly found a dress for her to wear from my closet. I later gave the dress to her because, it was meant for her not I.
I was attempting to show the news reflected on her. The fragile beauty, standing up to the grotesque flickering TV screen. I think I could Paint her forever! She is so smart and strong and driven and above all the most self deprecating person I know. It frustrates me, but makes me love her that much more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful, tracey, and i love the words you use to describe this work.

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks!...thanks