Thursday, June 5

in progress...

I am priming and working on a new smaller globe. I have a flat square panel I am prepping. Globe 4 had a flaw on the top that I thought I could live with...but I just can't. So I am working on that too. I have another flat panel I am working on in the studio (not in photo). It is really in a good place, I just haven't taken a photo of it yet.

This morning I came across this. It just fascinates me. I am attracted to the Fat because of Joseph Beuys' work with it. It's name, The White Art...I don't know, it is just so weird and precious and gross all at once. I am also slowly slogging through, In the Name of the Rose by Eberto Eco, all about rare books, so... too many connections to ignore. The White Arts or 'Faart' are in my file,now.

The humidity has kicked in. Arg! I like painting in the super heat. It is so oppressive, yet I thrive in that. Well, until I get to woozy to stand up! I used to swim a mile 3 times a week, I loved the feeling of sweating under water. Painting in the studio in the humidity, is like that. I guess it is like a sweat lodge, you transcend your space...or you just get woozy. In any case I like it.
I am drinking lots of homemade ice tea and lemonade....onward!
For more info and images of Joseph Beuys click Joseph Beuys .

No comments: