Thursday, November 8

An inside view...

Yesterday I did paint inventory. Time to buy some new paint.
Here is a view of my pallet table. It has been with me since 1993, the year I moved to NY. The top is from an old dinner table I found on the street in GreenPoint Brooklyn.
I have been painting on boards with un stretched canvas since grad school, 100 years ago. I like the hard surface. I can get ruff and nothing moves.
In this view of the studio we can see all the paintings waiting for good homes. On my visit to NY I spent an entire day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I saw a cool painted globe in one of the galleries. I primed this globe and plan to paint on it. Thinking of a globel view. Paint the globe.
Here we have the 'fly in the ointment', the remains of garage stuff. The studio is still waiting to be renovated. I have no heat or cooling and no walls apart from the painting wall. I have big plans for the space. It just may take a while to get it all done. THDP is just getting rolling, hopefully when it is done, so to will be this space.

No comments: